Spring is here! It’s that time of year when we start to declutter our wardrobes and our cupboards; out with the old and in with the new. But are we as diligent with our bodies?
This is the perfect time of year to do a quick check in to see if your body is craving a little extra love and attention. Your body is your greatest teacher if you know what to look for.
Here are a few clues that your body might be giving you:
- You’re feeling extra tired without any real reason
- You’re feeling short and sharp tempered especially if you’re normally a calm person
- You’re holding onto excess fluid
- Your skin has become more congested or broken out
- Your eyes are sore, red and stingy
- You’re feeling hungry all of the time and nothing can fill you up
- You’re seeing a build up of cellulite
- Your body fat is increasing without an explanation
- You’re waking up constantly between 2 and 4am, especially if you’re feeling hot (this is a sure sign that your liver needs a little help)
- You’re seeing an increase in digestive problems such as IBS or constipation
If you answered yes to any of the above, you should consider even a short cleanse. There are so many out there but here is a really simple and affordable cleanse I do and you can make it as short or long as you want to:
- For 3 to 5 days drink primarily water, you can have warm water and lemon and some herbal teas such as turmeric, peppermint or chamomile. Avoid green tea though due to its caffeine.
- Load up on the Greens and Vegetables:
- Green juice for brekky: Here’s Blake Lively’s Detox Drink (who does not want that glow :)) 1 cup Kale, 2 Swiss chard leaves, 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 small beet, 1/2 cup pineapple, 2 green apples 1, sprig fresh mint, 1/2 lemon peeled and blast in your blender.
- Green leafy salad with red onion, avocado and nuts (almonds, walnuts, Brazil) for lunch. I also add apple cider vinegar to dress. Some fruits such as berries or pears go well in salads too.
- Mixed vegetable stir fry for dinner, you want to keep the vegetables as close as possible to their natural state, ie. raw, so stir frying I think works best.
- Limit fruit and try to keep it to low GI fruits such as berries as much as possible.
- Snack on nuts such as almond, walnuts and Brazil nuts
- You can also make a healthy vegetable soup, just make sure you use a good quality vegetable stock (organic, no added salt, no MSG etc) or even better make your own. Use only Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt with Iodine to season as it’s packed with essential minerals, over 87 apparently!
After just 3 days you should start to feel amazing. Let me know if you give it a try!
If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, please avoid any detoxing or cleansing without speaking to your medical practitioner first.
Good Luck & Take Care of You